A good friend

Sunday 18 November 2012

My friend ( by Eva Gómez )


In Memoriam 
          

I have been thinking about my friends all this week. All this time I have remembered a good friend from when I was at the university: Meritxell Suriñach. It’s difficult for me to write about her because she is dead but I realize that I still miss her.

I met her during my first year but not at the beginning, because she was a friend of a friend friend .Together we spent a lot of time in different libraries, in the university bar and speaking on the phone about exams and homework. She was a blonde, blu really pretty woman with blue eyes. She was clever, brilliant and hard -working and she used to be always ready to go to a party or celebration. She used  to be also in a hurry to do everything because she didn’t want to miss anything.

 She showed to me how to hitchhike, that's how we used to go home from the UAB. It was faster, cheaper and we never had any problem. She also taught me catalan  because she was from Camprodon and for five years I could learn more catalan than in all  my life. I know that she learnt from me spanish because she told me.

I met her family, and my boyfriend and I went to Camprodon several times. My boyfriend, nowadays my husband, and I could meet a real catalan family because we came from Andalusian emigrants sons and we had never shared food or conversations with people who we understood although they spoke another language to ours. We forgot forever all the stereotypes about catalonan people. She came home many times as well. Once she came to Badalona to go to the “ Cremada del Dimoni” celebration. We had a great time because she was really funny, extroverted and talkative.

She was such an adventurer that she passed away in Mont Blanc. She had an accident; she slipped and fell down a precipice. I can’t say anything bad about her because she was an angel. Rest in peace ,my friend.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, Eva. This post is definitely a beautiful tribute to your friend.

    ReplyDelete